Essalois Castle of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes by EuroTourData
Essalois Castle is the restored ruins of the hill castle, built in its present form in 1580 by the Lord of Essalua on the site of an older castle. Info based on the article Château d'Essalois of French Wikipedia.
Essalois Castle of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes info
Essalois Castle history
In 1590, the castle was sacked by a detachment of members the Catholic League of France. After the French Revolution, the castle gradually fell into disrepair. In the 19th century the castle was restored. In 1976, the seven municipalities bordering the Grangent lake, the French name of the Syndicat Mixte d'Aménagement des Gorges de la Loire, were bought, and since 1983 the castle has been completely restored. The castle is currently available for free.
|Tourist Audience||Cultural heritage tourism|
|French name||Château d'Essalois|
|Owner||Syndicat Mixte d’Aménagement des Gorges de la Loire|
|Google Map||Essalois Castle|
|Directions to||Essalois Castle|
|Waze Map||Essalois Castle|
|Knowledge Panel||Essalois Castle|
Dataset to Essalois Castle of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Tabular dataset and ATOM feed to Essalois Castle of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.
ETD ID: eslarhal-frnc.
Creator: Nikolaj Antonov - ORCID.
Published: - Central European Time (UTC+01:00).
Publisher: NikAnt Webkonsult AB