Tonquédec Castle in Brittany by EuroTourData
Tonquédec Castle is restored ruins of the hill castle, built around 1160 for nobles of the House of Coëtmen. In 1395 the castle was dismantled by order of John IV, Duke of Brittany. The restoration of the castle was started in 1406 and during the 15th century, owners of the castle sought to modernize and adapt the castle to defend against artillery. In 1626 the castle was partially dismantled by order of cardinal Richelieu. Since 1880 the owners of the castle have been the Rougé family.
The article Histoire - Château de Tonquédec of official website.