High Castle of Baden-Württemberg by EuroTourData
High Castle was built around 1127 as the hill castle and as the residence of Dietrich von Emmendingen. Info based on the article Hochburg (Emmendingen) of German Wikipedia.
High Castle of Baden-Württemberg info
High Castle history
From 1553 the castle was greatly expanded and seven bastions were added. During the Thirty Years' War, the castle was besieged from 1634 to 1636 and destroyed after the surrender. From 1660 the castle was reconstructed. However, already in 1681, the castle defenses were voluntarily destroyed after France extended its rule to Freiburg im Breisgau after the Peace of Nijmegen. On October 13, 1684, a fire, set by servants through negligence, destroyed the former fortress. On October 12, 1688, French troops from Freiburg occupied the remaining remains of the fortress at the start of the Nine Years' War, and on February 17, 1689, they blew up corner towers and part of the walls.
Description of High Castle
The original castle has an oval shape. The gates of the castle are connected by a zwinger, which is located around the entire western side and with the outer bailey. In the inner bailey are the remains of the castle chapel and the foundation of the belfry. The source Die anlage on German.
|Tourist Audience||Cultural heritage tourism|
|German name||Hochburg Emmendingen|
|Owner||Staatliche Schlösser und Gärten Baden-Württemberg|
|Google Map||High Castle|
|Directions to||High Castle|
|Waze Map||High Castle|
|Knowledge Panel||High Castle|
Dataset to High Castle of Baden-Württemberg
Tabular dataset and ATOM feed to High Castle of Baden-Württemberg.
ETD ID: hghbdw-grm.
Creator: Nikolaj Antonov - ORCID.
Published: - Central European Time (UTC+01:00).
Publisher: NikAnt Webkonsult AB