Manderscheid Lower Castle in Rhineland-Palatinate by EuroTourData
Manderscheid Lower Castle is the restored ruins of the rock castle, built around 1110 (not confirmed) owned by of Luxemburg and as the counter-castle to Manderscheid Upper Castle, owned by the Electorate of Trier. The castle was the fortified residence of the Lords of Manderscheid who were advocate of Echternach Abbey in the sovereign territory of Luxembourg. From 1346 to 1348 the castle was besieged by the troops of the Elector of Trier but was not captured. In the 16th century the castle was abandoned and fell into disrepair. Since January 1, 2018, the castle belongs to the town of Manderscheid. The operator of the castle is Burgenverein Manderscheid e.V..
The article Die Niederburg - Manderscheider Burgen of German Wikipedia.