Manderscheid Upper Castle in Rhineland-Palatinate by EuroTourData
Manderscheid Upper Castle is the restored ruins of the hill castle, built around 1110 (not confirmed) for the Electorate of Trier and as the counter-castle to Manderscheid Lower Castle, owned by Luxemburg. In 1673, the castle, still owned by the Elector of Trier, was destroyed by French troops. The owner of the castle is the town of Manderscheid.
The article Die Oberburg - Manderscheider Burgen of German Wikipedia.