Wilhelm Citadel by EuroTourData
Wilhelm Citadel was built in 1857 as the citadel of Wilhelm Fortifications, which in turn were the stronghold of Ulm Federal Fortress. The citadel surrounded by defensive walls, with the ditch protected by caponiers. Also, the citadel has the powerful central front, which in turn had right and left redoubts, connected by the central curtain wall with the large caponier. The right and left curtain walls each have one round caponier. The citadel garrison had 1607 militaries. 766 soldiers were stationed in the left redoubt, 286 soldiers defended the central curtain wall, and 555 soldiers were stationed in the right redoubt. Info is based on the article Bundesfestung Ulm - Wilhelmsfeste of German Wikipedia.
Wilhelm Citadel info
|Tourist Audience||Cultural heritage tourism|
|German official name||Werk XIII-XVII|
|German alternate name||Wilhelmsfeste|
|Part of||Wilhelm Fortifications|
|Audio||Speech about Wilhelm Citadel|
|Public access||Only external free sightseeing|
|Google Map||Wilhelm Citadel|
|Directions to||Wilhelm Citadel|
|Waze Map||Wilhelm Citadel|
|Knowledge Panel||Wilhelm Citadel|
Nearby fortifications of Ulm Federal Fortress
Prev: Wilhelmsburg Fort. Next: Upper Gaisenberg Bastion
Dataset to Wilhelm Citadel
Tabular datasets and ATOM feed to Wilhelm Citadel of Ulm Federal Fortress, by EuroTourData.
ETD ID: wlhmctd-ulm.
Tags: tourist attraction, Germany, Baden-Württemberg, fortification, citadel.
Creator: Nikolaj Antonov
Publisher: NikAnt Webkonsult AB